Join now - be part of our community!

Media Remote App for Iphone

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
farmerpug
Visitor

Media Remote App for Iphone

I just purchased a Bravia KDL-40CX523, and then seen somewhere about a remote control app for it, i have an Iphone 3GS and seen this app on the app store, which recommended that i check model compatibility.

So im just asking is my tv compatible with the app, and if i download it what does the tv need, i havent yet it connected to the internet, but hope to get it connected with a wired LAN connection into my BT home hub soon. Will this app work when the internet is connected to the tv?

19 REPLIES 19
Portgordon
Visitor

I also would like to ask this question. I've been waiting in hope for a good while that the app would support the kdl-46ex713 but so far it appears not :cry:

It would be absolutely amazing to be able to control my tv with this app, does anyone know if this model is going to be supported going forward?

Thanks,

Mark

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - Unfortunately the app can't be backported to 2010 TV's which is a shame. There are 3rd party devices which you can connect to your TV to allow you to control it via smartphone I think.

Thanks

JWDowne
Visitor

I could only get ths work over my WiFi rather than wired connection which is a bit dumb! ( with KDL- 26EX320)

medmond
Visitor

Hi - how did you get this to work? I cannot get it to work at all with my bd-e380 bluray player. I have a BT home hub 3 and have heard of other people having trouble with it. I've tried reinstalling app, tried on a different iDevice but to no avail! Any help greatly appreciated!

nidenhe78
Visitor

I'm having a similar problem trying to connect to Blu-ray BDP-s380, it tells me to tap on 'register' under 'settings' but there is no such button. the media remote tells me the blu-ray player will detect the new device but it doesn't. what am I doing wrong?

Catmambo
Contributor

Do you have the latest firmware installed on the Blu-ray?

nidenhe78
Visitor

I've just checked and the version I have is MO6R0579 according to the website i do not need to upgrade if i have that version.

profile.country.ro_RO.title
danielmatei
Visitor

If you have trouble connecting the Sony Media Remote app to your Sony Bravia TV or player it is because of the wireless router that you're using. I used the linksys WRT54GL and the iphone 3GS app was connecting succesfully to Sony Bravia KDL-32HX750. However after changing the router with an Apple Airport Extreme the app cannot find the TV anymore. No matter what I do it doesn't work anymore. I think the router blocks something, but I can't figure out what it is.

danielmatei
Visitor

I managed to get the app to connect to the TV by connecting the TV via cable instead of WiFi to the same network. On WiFi it doesn't work because of the Apple Airport Extreme.

danielmatei
Visitor

SOLVED