Join now - be part of our community!

manual retune

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
macma13
Visitor

manual retune

When retuning I was only offered the wrong region (wales) so have to manually retune however the online instructions are confusing as they say

select>setup or installation

select >manual retune or search

then enter a code if asked- I'm not asked

then it talks about typing eg 61 for bbc services I am unable to proceed as I'ts clearly wrong HEELLP :thinking:

we have Sony Bravia KDL40EX403U

thanks

ps I'm not very good at this but could follow instructions :dizzy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello macma13,

Regarding manual scan, i looked for your model online manual but there is not much details how to do. because it is considerd as a basic step for customers no need more details.

I believe most Sony TVs manual scan interface page will be similar, so i would tell you how i do it with my KDL-46CX520 , you may try this in your model to overcome the problem , This MAY be help

generally there are two types for manual scan, scan by channel number or scan by frequency (all are within UHF band for digital broadcast)

- go to manual scan> mark on Scan type and press ok then select frequency scan instead of channel scan

- get the BBC channel frequency from the internet (as example)

- go back to your TV and input the frequency in the line next to scan type then press Scan UP or Scan down and see if you get some signals

If your region has many broadcast transmitters, sure there will be some difficulties in tune up, so your antenna should be well alignment toward the tower and avoid using strong antenna booster (booster with gain control knob is always better)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i would like to offer some thoughts since no one responded to your post,

i am not sure what the real issue here is and what you mean by wrong region so....

first thing to remember here is that Sony have excellent tuners fitted to their tv's and setting up generally is a breeze, now if you are using freeview which for all intents and perposes sounds like you are, the only way you could end up with "wrong region" is if your aeriel is pointing the wrong way.

you need to check your aeriel is of Digital quality and is correctly pointing to your nearest transmitter if unsure consult a qualified aeriel installer for furthur advice.

other than that if your confident all is ok then set up is really a doddle just press auto tune and its done.

macma13
Visitor

Thankyou for your reply and sorry I was vague.

My aerial is fine and strangely a little tv in the bedroom running off the same aerial retuned fine.

We live in WSM on the Bristol channel and should get the mendip transmitter as before but my Sony is picking up welsh.It seems to be a problem in this area.

Trying to retune  auto only gave the welsh option and a manual retune is very confusing,I tried following instructions from Digital uk site but when following stages I came up with different info to the instructions.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello macma13,

Regarding manual scan, i looked for your model online manual but there is not much details how to do. because it is considerd as a basic step for customers no need more details.

I believe most Sony TVs manual scan interface page will be similar, so i would tell you how i do it with my KDL-46CX520 , you may try this in your model to overcome the problem , This MAY be help

generally there are two types for manual scan, scan by channel number or scan by frequency (all are within UHF band for digital broadcast)

- go to manual scan> mark on Scan type and press ok then select frequency scan instead of channel scan

- get the BBC channel frequency from the internet (as example)

- go back to your TV and input the frequency in the line next to scan type then press Scan UP or Scan down and see if you get some signals

If your region has many broadcast transmitters, sure there will be some difficulties in tune up, so your antenna should be well alignment toward the tower and avoid using strong antenna booster (booster with gain control knob is always better)

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
lr1953
New

Hi I am having the same problem.

(Wells.Somt)Retuning dvd

Still looking

Cerberus.
Explorer

many thanks, worked for me,