Join now - be part of our community!

Macbook to Sony Bravia?!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Alieatsdrums
Visitor

Macbook to Sony Bravia?!

Hi folks!

Never really had to use forums before, but I've thought of everything, so needs to be done.

I purchased a new generation 13" 2.3Ghz Macbook Pro at the beginning of the year,

and not long after, bought a 32" Sony Bravia (Model number KDL-32BX300)

Wanting to run the laptop through the TV, I purchased a NEET DVI-HDMI adaptor and a NEET HDMI cable.

Everything ran smoothly for the first half hour, then the screen would go blank, and come back with a blue tint over it, distorting all the colours. (See attached picture)

This stays on the screen from anywhere between 5 seconds, to 20 minutes.

I tried the same set up on my parents Sony Bravia (Slightly older model), and it worked perfectly. (Initially thought it may have been the cables because they weren't the most expensive, but obviously not)

I'm technically able to a certain degree, and have tried everything I can think of without having to take the TV into a shop, or phone Sony Support on their helpline.

I have fiddled around with different colour profiles, downloaded the latest Firmware for the TV, but just don't know what's going on. Not to mention, I cant seem to find anyone with a similar problem on ANY forums!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have reached the end of my tether and this is meant to be a top of the range TV!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Ali

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Very strange as normally these kind of issue are down to the cables/adapters being used but you've checked it on another TV and it worked ok.

I would still try an alternative brand  adapter and HDMI cable just to check - maybe also another HDMI product like a PS3 or Blu-ray player if possible. If that doesn't work, run it into your nearest Service Centre to get them to check it out. You can normally e-mail them photos before hand as they might be able to assist in advance of taking it in.

Thanks

Alieatsdrums
Visitor

Yeah, it's a funny one.

I have a mate coming round tomorrow with an Xbox, so I'll try that and see what happens.

Thanks for your help man, much appreciated!

Catmambo
Contributor

Thinking about this further - maybe this is simply down to this particular unique combination of devices. There are 4 variables here from various manufacturers being the adapter, HDMI cable, TV and Mac, which independently work fine and may work fine with other devices, but when used in this precise combination jjust don't function correctly for some reason.

There was a similar issue a few years back when for some reason a particular range of BRAVIA just didn't want to work with some Belkin routers for no obvious reason. So if it were me, I  would adjust the two easiest variables being the adapter and cable from a different manufacturer.