Join now - be part of our community!

KDL49WD752SU only running 576i?

TJPBrewer
New

KDL49WD752SU only running 576i?

Hey all! Yesterday, I bought and fitted a lovely 49" Bravia (Model in the thread title). Setting it up, fine. Fitting it, fine. Watching it, pathetic. I'm disgusted at the picture quality. I used to have my 42" LG, it lasts 5 year on 720 perfect via aerial. Now? This only runs at 576i on aerial (digital source). I can used like 101, 102, etc and they're at 1080p. How can I make these other channels good quality? Thanks all

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Am I right in thinking that you want the Freeview SD channels to be broadcast in HD?  Dont we all.

Freeview HD Channels are broadcast at 1440x1080 and many SD channels are broadcasted at 720x576 and 704x576 (although the bitrates vary bettween channels somewhat too).

The picture is only as good as its input source.  However Sony's processing is better than the competition (in my opinion) and hence Freeview SD channels upscales on its TVs better than others.

Unfortunately you were not getting 720p on your previous LG TV on Freeview SD channels.  Maybe it was being 'upscaled' to that resolution - but then I could say that your new Sony TV is upscaling Freeview SD Channels to 1080p.

Cheers