Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32S5500 Firmware Update Needed

profile.country.en_GB.title
ed1119
Visitor

KDL32S5500 Firmware Update Needed

I have two KDL32S5500 units which worked fine until the Freeview switchover.  Now they both lock/freeze sporadically when choosing the Electronic Programme Guide (which is alot slower when it does actually work).  When the lock happens they turn themselves off (not just to standby), then come back on again after 30 secs or so!  For info, automatic updates are turned on.

To note: I have tried turning off updates after reading a few forums (as the epg may trigger a software check), but theyre both still playing up.  I have also tried not opening the EPG until a few minutes after the display has been turned on - but to no avail.

Please Sony can you issue a firmware update?  it seems to be a similar issues to other models (eg  KDL32S5100) which is fixed with a firmware revision.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

since you had firmware updates turned on already its likely that an update to cover the events of Digital switchover has been covered already, Sony dont just randomly dish out updates as soon as someone has an issue unless its a widespread one, apon looking at the website for your model there are no further updates available, therefore the only solution that may help here is a factory re set to clear any glitches in the system (Sony will tell you to try this anyway!), see how that goes.

italiy
New

ciao 

KDL32S5500 Firmware usb viedo avi,