Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32EX403U iPlayer issue

profile.country.en_GB.title
mr2madness
Visitor

KDL32EX403U iPlayer issue

I yesterday bought a new TV after now owning a few Sony Blu Ray players with Internet capabilities.

So I set it all up and had limited icons on the menu, then I setup up the networking and the tv must have done a software update as suddenly a load of icons appeared, now "demand on five" works a treat but the iPlayer just keeps stating it's requires an update and to turn the setting on in the Product Support menu which was already set to On from factory settings. I've tried rebooting RV and changing the Auto Software Update setting to On and Off and On again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my Blu Ray players (BDV-E370 and BDP-S370) are working absolutely fine

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

You can download and run the firmware update via USB also - http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/tv/lcd/lcd.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=KDL-32EX403

However worth bearing in mind that iPlayer is a bit better on the Blu-ray that the TV I think - (nicer menu, offers HD)

Thanks

mr2madness
Visitor

Many thanks the update worked and iPlayer is now working, I'm worried the TV couldn't do it using the network / Internet. Bit silly it doesn't have the HD channels on iPlayer when their on the Blu Ray's iPlayer and I sort of assumed it would be the same software to be honest.  Next problem I have is DNLA which will show a 1920 x 1080 on my Blu Ray players bit on this TV only shows as 720 x 480 which is very poor to watch. My Windows 7 PC is fine and works fine on the Blu Rays in 1080p. Any ideas or settings anywhere?