Join now - be part of our community!

KDL- 40WE663 Smart Tv apps freezing after first advert

profile.country.GB.title
tarry1212
New

KDL- 40WE663 Smart Tv apps freezing after first advert

can anyone advice me how I solve the problem of my Smart TV  KDL-40WE663 freezing on some apps after the first advert. It is not the broadband connection, reloaded the factory settings, even had BT round to check all my broadband equipment - Still no luck, still freezing.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
wishiboughtanlg
Explorer

The system of these tvs are appalling, i updated my tv from an lg to sony because the picture is supurb BUT smart side of tv is rubbish it locks up all the time, google playstore works only if you go through the sony webpage and this may as well be taken out and go back to a laptop, i expected to use the tv like a laptop (just like lg tvs) this is nothing like it. i would gladly take it back to the shop an smash it in front of them BUT it is not the salesman fault it is the restrictions this company has put on the tvs  this is my tv model no KD-49XG8096.

I cannot imagine you will get a reply from sony just lots of frustrated buyers of so called SMART TVs

profile.country.GB.title
comason94
New

Which apps are freezing? That did happen with ITV but they have fixed it a few days ago. The fault usually lies with the app provider. I suggest you contact them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information contained in this email is confidential and may be privileged. If the reader is not the intended recipient or the agent thereof, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original email. Thank you.
profile.country.GB.title
shaptor
Explorer

I just want to be able to use the numeric keypad on the remote, rather than the on/off button, to wake the tv on a selected channel, not the channel it was using when it was switched off. This was a feature in my £90 Asda supplied Polaroid basic tv of 5 years vintage. Sony says it cannot be done! So much for smart software, none of which seem to be part of the package!