Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32WD756 Apps are broken

profile.country.GB.title
JB1998
Explorer

KDL-32WD756 Apps are broken

Only had this TV delivered today, everything works excellently apart from the apps. Despite successful WiFi connection, Netflix, BBC iplayer and YouTube either will not start or if they do, end up crashing and causing the whole TV UI to lag.

I have tried several factory resets, as well as the DNS fix that another user suggested on the forums. However these issues still persist.

Any help would be appreciated as I am getting to the end of my tether!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @JB1998,

did you try to disconnect the TV from power and restart it by pressing the on/off button together with "Volume minus"?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
JB1998
Explorer

Hi Nic,

Tried this, unfortunately to no avail. Attempting to start any of the apps from the home menu results in the TV itself crashing and restarting - on the off chance it doesn’t crash, the TV becomes unresponsive unless you switch it off on the remote.

profile.country.GB.title
JB1998
Explorer

Don’t know if this tv is faulty or if it’s Sony’s software, but it routinely becomes unresponsive. Even after turning the set off, the Freeview information bar will stay at the top of the screen and only disappears when you press “i+”. Volume Control is unresponsive as a result.

Rather disappointed with these various issues, as aside from that the picture is very good.

As someone who has only ever had Sony televisions, it seems they are not what they use to be.

Briiii
New

Hi Betreff, did you get the issues sorted? As I am having exactly the same problems.

profile.country.GB.title
JB1998
Explorer

Hi Briiii, Sorry for the late reply. No the TV still doesn't seem to like me using the in-built apps. The laggy UI / frequent crashes still persist whenever I try to use any of the apps. Since then I have bought an Apple TV set, which is a shame really as I shouldn't have needed to.