Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32WD751 How do I get more apps?

SusiQ16
Explorer

KDL-32WD751 How do I get more apps?

How do I get more apps on this tv? Thought I could just surf the net and add them. There are only a handful installed which unfortunately doesn't include itv hub or 4od.. I tried to install a URL browser from Opera Store but got an error message. Hope someone can help.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately ITV Player and 4OD is not included in the apps available on this TV.  Only Android TVs with YouView enabled have ITV Player and 4OD.

Also, you can only install/use the apps available via the Opera TV Store (or the ones already inbuilt).  Unfortunately a Web browser is also not supported on this TV.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
blackldn
New

The TV has Amazon Prime, Netflix, BBC Sport, BBc News ,iPlayer , Youtube and YouTube Kids and some other apps.

The OperaTV app is where you can install some other apps.  

In OperaTV you can use a URL loader to access the internet.  I wouldn't say its the most aesthetically pleasing UI, but it works..

profile.country.GB.title
Dingledoodie
New

It's 2020. I recently bought this 2016 model Sony TV to replace a 2013 LG TV, thinking, as it was newer and being sold as a SMART TV, it'd be better. As it turns out, my trusty old LG was FAR superior. I'll never ever assume a newer Sony TV will be 'better' again. As mentioned above, many popular apps aren't included and even more frustratingly can't be added. This should be made clear in the descriptions. I've had to buy a separate dongle to watch NowTV and can't watch my Disney+ account either. I don't think I'll ever buy Sony again. It appears you pay for branding over features. Utter rubbish.

profile.country.GB.title
Mart9875
Explorer

I thought the same ,was convinced Sony would be better,we recently changed all our tv s to new one throughout

our whole house that was a total of  12 TVs ,thankfully I got the Sony one first to test ,what a complete disappointment, at least we did not buy them all at the same time .

the Samsung TVs are far superior in every way And this what we purchased and installed .
it seems as though Sony have gone back in time ,the Sony I did purchase is now going to be replaced.

my job involves working with big hotel chains and luxury properties design and fit out , I can say that Sony will not be on our list to supply clients that’s for definite, will be interesting to see how Sony change things or just lag further behind,
you can’t even sync it with Sonos 

we will also be doing a YouTube video on ‘this product. VERY DISAPPOINTED SONY.

hope this helpful to you .