Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XF7002 not working after update to v8.885-1000-2.650-002

profile.country.GB.title
pizzaplumber
New

KD-49XF7002 not working after update to v8.885-1000-2.650-002

Hey folks,

Just curious to see if anyone else has had this issue that I'm experiencing. After an automatic update, the Home button on my remote has stopped working, and it just says "Please wait and try again later." The Youtube button on the remote makes the screen flicker black but it doesn't open the app. Weirdly, the Netflix button still works, but that on its own isn't good enough obviously!

All this functionality worked in the past. 

I have done all the traditional steps; factory reset, factory reset with everything unplugged, reset router, manual IP input, removing all peripherals and so on. 

And I'm currently in discussion with Sony support about it.

But I didn't see anyone talking about it when I looked it up so I thought I'd open a discussion and see if anyone else had a similar issue recently.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi pizzaplumber,

It's the first time for me as well hearing about such issue.

Obviously you did all the steps that I would recommend already.

So probably something failed during the update process.

There's one thing you might need to try: Please check the date and time of your TV and set it to network time if not correct. Usually this is a solution meant for Android TV but maybe it causes the issue on your TV as well.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

I have a KD-43XF7073 that I bought in March 2019.

In June of this year 2020 I updated the software to

ver8.881. After installing the update the TV stopped responding to any

input from the Remote Control or the buttons on the back.

Only pictures and sound and couldn't change channels or anything.

It was still under warranty so booked it in for repair, was told this is common for Sonys to fail

after updating, usually meaning the mainboard has to be replaced.

This is what happened and after a few days it came back and now works fine,

but I am too scared to try an update to the new software version.

profile.country.GB.title
pizzaplumber
New

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post an update on this, for the benefit of anyone searching for this in the future. 

On a whim, I decided to check if there were new updates for my TV and I discovered there was one. I've updated to V8.905-1000-2.700-0002 and it has resolved the issue.

I'm not sure if this was a problem with the previous version directly, my suspicion is that it was an incorrectly applied update, and so just being able to install any update would allow that damage to be repaired.