Join now - be part of our community!

iplayer unbearably slow

profile.country.en_GB.title
ericpode
Visitor

iplayer unbearably slow

Is there a known problem with the latest firmware PKG4.012EUA-0104 for the CX523 TV ?

Ever since the firmware installed, the iPlayer has been impossible to use. Programmes are buffering for ages after every few seconds of playing so that it's impossible to watch. Also the graphic interface sometimes takes a long time to paint itself. I'm using the Sony wireless dongle. The TV and the broadband router have not been moved, and neither has anything else.

It's as if it is being used over a very slow broadband connection, but I have repeatedly tried speedtest.net on my laptop over my wireless connection and it always says the download speed is between 6 and 7 Mbps.

Also I can watch programmes on the iplayer on my laptop via wireless full-screen without any problems at all.

Before the latest firmware was installed I could watch programmes on iPlayer on my CX523 without any problems - even with the iPlayer HD option.

This all seems to point to a problem with the latest Sony firmware. I'm really fed up that I can't watch iPlayer any more on my Sony TV. :slight_frown:

Is anyone else getting similar problems?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
johnrod1
Explorer

I have just reported a similar problem on my Sony Bravia bought today. IPlayer help says my model not supported yet. IPlayer very slow to load or doesn't load at all. Looks like tele going back to Currys.