Join now - be part of our community!

Info Bar on A LOT (Bravia KDL-WD48653)

ChazWampa
New

Info Bar on A LOT (Bravia KDL-WD48653)

Hi, i just got this TV and plugged my HDMI devices into it. but have noticed when using my PC and Media Streamer (Asus) that when i skip forward on a video (or even fast forward at pace) or skip to another video, the info bar pops up "HDMI 1 etc" now this can come on lots if i'm looking for something in particular.  And i also noticed on the PC, when i load new web pages or sometimes even just scroll down the page the bar pops up "HDMI 2" other times it just appears to not like the page that's on (if there is lots of media on it) and keeps popping up every 15 seconds.

It is very off putting and often in the way and quite frankly spoiling my viewing.

I have contacted support asking if there's a way to disable it but have been told, if it's not permanantly on then it is "normal behaviour"

I cannot accept that in the modern world of streaming and short videos that without a source change this bar will keep popping up like i've changed channel every few minutes.

I have used these devices with many HDMI TV's  (even another Sony) and have never encountered this.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It seems to me that you may have a lousy cable.... whenever the TV lose the connection and connect again you may see the info banner

ChazWampa
New

Just tried a brand new HDMI 2.0 cable from Amazon and it's the same unfortunately. :slight_frown: