Join now - be part of our community!

HT-IS100 Home cinema with 3D?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ShakeyBMW
Visitor

HT-IS100 Home cinema with 3D?

I have a Sky receiver and a Sony 3D Blu-Ray player connected to my Home cinema system by HDMI cables. The HDMI output then goes to my new Bravia 3D TV.

It seems that the BluRay player will not detect the 3D TV when it's all connected up this way although I have tried connecting the two directly and that works fine.

Is it possible that I need to make sure all my HDMI cables are 1.4 or is it just that the HT-IS100, being almost a year old :smileyshocked:, is not 3D capable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

IS100 is a great bit of kit, but it came out in early 2009 so before 3D pass-through became far more normal. Basically the device doesn't have the bandwidth to cope with the extra information being sent to the TV so you won't be able to route HDMI via the amp. However since its only audio, you could get a TOSLINK/Optical cable and connect the TV directly to the amp and have the Blu-ray connected directly to the TV. As far as I know this would work..

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

IS100 is a great bit of kit, but it came out in early 2009 so before 3D pass-through became far more normal. Basically the device doesn't have the bandwidth to cope with the extra information being sent to the TV so you won't be able to route HDMI via the amp. However since its only audio, you could get a TOSLINK/Optical cable and connect the TV directly to the amp and have the Blu-ray connected directly to the TV. As far as I know this would work..

Thanks

ShakeyBMW
Visitor

Thanks for that information. The IS100 not being 3D capable is what I was afraid of.

My next beef was goingto be that the BluRay doesn't have an optical output but I've already connected this way from the TV to the IS100 for Internet content so I'll give it a try with a 3D disc.

Thanks again. :slight_smile: