Join now - be part of our community!

[Help] Buying a new Sony TV for Christmas

CitrusNinjaKick
Explorer

[Help] Buying a new Sony TV for Christmas

Hello forums,

I'm looking for a Sony TV that is using a VA panel, and is using Passive 3D instead of Active 3D. Does this TV exist? I have tried to look for something like this for a while now, and I wouldn't be comfortable trading the VA panel type for IPS if it turns out that is my only option in terms of Passive 3D technology.

However, I'm comfortable sacrificing Passive 3D for Active 3D as long as I get to own a VA panel, and not IPS. My current TV is using an IPS panel, it's a Philips 32", I've had it for many years now, and figured this Christmas is the time to upgrade/update my living room with a new TV set. Here are the requirements for my perfect TV.

VA

Passive 3D

40-55-inches

1920x1080

Three simple things. May seem simple, but I really tried look for such panel everywhere, nobody is comfortable listing the panel used in TV's nowadays it seems.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Janekch

My advice is, please read forum about Sony TVS 2015 and you find a answear there. I bought bravia 55x8509 has good picture but rest-hardware and software is *****. Too much problems I have with this TV. I have this TV about two weeks and I am thinking about returnig to seller. Good luck. 

NickCo1979

I'd echo this advice. Read the forum thread about the 2015 Android TVs and then buy something else. Spending your hard earned cash on a Sony Android TV is analogous to spending an afternoon indulging in self flagellation...

brasen8
Explorer

Hi, I am exactly in the same situation. Last week I purchased 65X8509C, great picture, but tv is freezing or losing favorites every now and then within 1-2 days, after restart or hw restas (disconnecting from 220V) all is fine again...for a while. I am also thinking to return ist....big dilemma.