Join now - be part of our community!

Getting audio in on HDMI 1

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Shielder
Visitor

Getting audio in on HDMI 1

Ok, so I have a Sony KDL-32V5500. I have used it for quite a while with no problems, until now. I want to connect my computer to it with video going with a DVI -> HDMI cable and audio going with the audio in (TRS/3.5mm plug) cable. This has worked well in the past with a different computer and I have played both games and video quite a lot but it has been a while since I used it. When I tried today I could get video just fine but I couldn't get audio on HDMI 1.

Anyway after some digging around I realized that the audio went in just fine except that it only went in on the PC "channel" (you know when you select input, VGA/TV/HDMI and so on). There the audio plays fine but obviously there's no picture.

Now I wonder if there's a setting I have to change or if it's something wrong. I have already tried resetting the TV to factory settings but that didn't work and I can't find a setting that controls this.

Could someone please help?

Edit:

I just tried taking out the HDMI 1 cable and the sound started playing, it seems that I can't have both audio and video which seems very weird.

Message was edited by: Shielder

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Try to plug in HDMI 3 on Bravia.

Regards

Damac

profile.country.fr_CH.title
jahred2
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same exact problem with my new Bravia KDL EX402 and my MacBook. I can watch the video, or I can listen to audio, but I can't get them both at the same time, despite using HDMI 1, which is supposed to let me switch between HDMI and PC audio.

Do you solve this?

Thanks!

-jahred