Join now - be part of our community!

ERROR 5006

profile.country.de_DE.title
Golfer100
Visitor

ERROR 5006

I have searched various forums but have found nothing that will fix the 5006 error. I live in Germany and a user suggested using a cable connection to update internet content and then using wireless after that - it worked for him but not for me.

1. My wireless connection was working perfectly even after updating the firmware in Feb this year.

2. Suddenly internet content was not accessable.

3. I checked that my tv internet connections wireless and cable were showing working.

4. I have not fiddled with anything or connected any new toys!

Any ideas would be appreciated, also from Sony. thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Pcadjb
Visitor
Golfer100
Visitor

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have tried all the suggestions but not the factory reset yet. I was trying to avoid doing a reset because it means reloading the latest firmware but I have spent so much time surfing for a solution that I might as well just do it. I will post the results soon..... hopefully positive.

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

5006 Slow Network Speed If customer does not have the minimum 2.5 MBPS this sympom may be displayed
5006 SW Glitch This symptom (same as above) was also caused in some cases by what appeared to be a data glitch that was corrected by performing a reset on the TV

Regards

Damac

Golfer100
Visitor

Hi, and thanks for the responses. Today, I was going to perform a reset to see if that would fix the problem. But, my access to internet content has been restored. This is strange because I didn't do anything knowingly to create the problem in the first place or do anything that contributed to the problem being fixed. Therefore, I am none the wiser. Uhhm