Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Logitech X-230 PC speakers to Bravia KDL EX503

profile.country.en_GB.title
TK9999
New

Connecting Logitech X-230 PC speakers to Bravia KDL EX503

I've been using my new Bravia TV to stream music from a PC using DLNA. It all works reasonably well but the sound from the TV speakers isn't the greatest for music.

I've therefore connected a set of Logitech X-230 PC speakers to the TV. The speakers come with a single 3.5mm jack plug, so I fitted an adapter to go from 3.5 mm to two RCA phono plugs. These are then plugged into the L and R  'VAR/FIX' audio sockets on the back of the TV (is that the correct socket?)

When the TV's Sound/Speaker settings are set to 'Audio System' then the sound is delivered through the Logitech speakers fine. However, when it's set to 'TV speakers' the sound comes out of both the Logitech speakers and the TV speakers simultaneously.

Is this the expected behaviour ? I just want to check that I'm not risking damaging the TV by using this relatively unconventional external audio system.

By the way, the sound quality when using the Logitech speakers is superb for music and movies.

Many thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Its fine to do that, shouldn't cause any issues. Indeed I route all my TV sound through my amp now for that same reason..

Thanks

TK9999
New

Thanks for your response. It had just seemed a bit strange that sound came out of both sets of speakers when the TV was set to 'TV speakers' only.