Join now - be part of our community!

Connect netbook to Bravia: no sound

profile.country.nl_BE.title
maiskelin
Visitor

Connect netbook to Bravia: no sound

Hi all,

I've been trying to connect my Acer One netbook to my Sonia Bravia tv all night long, but I can't seem to get sound and image at the same time. Can anyone help?

I've used a vga cable (vga to vga) for the image, and an rca cablefor the sound (3.5 jack in the earphones entry of the netbook, red and black tulip in the back of the tv).

When I choose the PC option in my AV-presets list (the list where you can choose from AV1, AV2, HDMI1, HDMI2 etc.), I get a crystal clear image of my netbook screen on the tv, but the audio does not work. When I select Components in the same list, the audio does work but I do not get the image!

It is not possible that I have connected the VGA to the wrong port as there is only one VGA entry on my netbook and my netbook. The tulips could possibly be wrong as there are plenty of those on the TV, but I've tried them all and I only manage to get the sound working if I connect them to the components part. In all the other entries it stays mute.

Does anyone know the answer or did anyone succesfully connect his netbook to a bravia?

Thank you very much for your help!

Tags (4)
0 REPLIES 0