Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot get BBC iplayer on Sony Bravia TV (Dec 2018)

JohnHW49
New

Cannot get BBC iplayer on Sony Bravia TV (Dec 2018)

I have KDL-43WF663 and all has been OKAY but now cannot get iplayer nor catchup nor "start from beginning" to work - I get message "something went wrong playing this programme". yes I have latest software - yes have checked internet connect (in fact reset it). I can get iplayer fine on laptop through same internet box. About 4 weeks ago I did a complete factory reset and it all functioned again -but 2-3 weeks later  it has stopped again

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi John, 

Welcome to the community.

I'll see if I can find this out for you. Maybe someone else in the community can help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hello JohnHW49,

Try refreshing the internet content on your TV from the network settings. I've seen a number of users recommending this solution for multiple apps problems.

All the best,

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
davidhunternyc
New

I live in the U.S. and I have a Sony XBR-43X800E. I am trying to download the BBC iPlayer app but because of licensing in the UK the iPlayer app is not available in the U.S. When I go to the Google Play Store on my TV the BBC iPlayer app does not show up. Apparently I need a VPN (virtual private network) so that my IP address can be located in the UK and not in the U.S. There has to be an easier way as a VPN's have a monthly fee. How can I get the BBC iPlayer app on my U.S. based Sony Bravia TV? Thank you.