Join now - be part of our community!

Can you add Apps like ITV Hub and All4 to smart TV?

SOLVED
Rach1989
New

Can you add Apps like ITV Hub and All4 to smart TV?

Hi there, 

This may be a stupid question but can you add new Apps to your Sony TV? I have the Bravia KDL-40WD653.

It already has BBC iplayer on there, Youtube and a couple of others, but there's no option to add anything else? I registered the TV online as I thought it may be something you can manage from the account but again I can't see any options to add anything. 

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

ITV Player and All4 are apps that are only available with YouView enabled.  YouView is only available on Android based TVs, which unfortunately your model is not.

You should have an app called 'Opera Store' which is where some more apps can be installed and run from.

Cheers

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

ITV Player and All4 are apps that are only available with YouView enabled.  YouView is only available on Android based TVs, which unfortunately your model is not.

You should have an app called 'Opera Store' which is where some more apps can be installed and run from.

Cheers

Rach1989
New

I thought that may be the case - thanks for your help! 

profile.country.GB.title
Jonathan223575
Explorer

I have an Sony Bravia KDL 32EX653, it does not have You View or Opera Store, so far as I can see. Does this mean I cannot add apps?

Thank you

Jonathan

profile.country.GB.title
Helin0x

Correct, as of the 25th Sony has removed the Opera Store from your TV. The apps you want (along with several others people want) you cannot install, advice from Sony is to buy 3rd party hardware such as a firestick!! :grin:

Selfe123
New

• It's the last Sony product i will buy. Very disappointing 

How can you, in 2020, be selling a model of TV described as being 'Smart' when it is unable to access the catch up apps of ITV or Channel 4? This has been a complete waste of money and I feel like I have been totally mislead into buying a model of TV that shouldn't even have been in the store. EveryTV that I have bought in the last 5 years had these apps pre-installed so I didn't even realise it was a question I should ask, especially with a Sony.

Hi, you can connect All 4, through your Smart TV, connect a cable to a digital aerial. Such as a portable digital aerial or your houses digital aerial. 🤞

profile.country.GB.title
Jonathan223575
Explorer

There is no such thing as a digital aerial.

profile.country.GB.title
seamonag
Explorer

Pretty annoying that I can't access itv player and all4 as I use satallite for my TV. Not so smart TV