Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV does not recognise Acer Aspire One ....what to do?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
eleychou
Visitor

Bravia TV does not recognise Acer Aspire One ....what to do?

Help! My Sony bravia tv does not recognise me acer aspire one netbook! I am using 15 pin vga cable but TV does not detect netbook!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Geordie20
Explorer

Alright mate, have managed to solve problem on my system, firstly i only wanted to use my tv as a monitor to watch films from my laptop on, so dont know if this solution will fit your requirements but i can now at least get the tv to display what is on my laptop.  This is the way i did it (remember i'm no expert).

1. connect tv to laptop with VGA cable (mine is 15 pin as is connection on back of tv)
  2. press home key on remote and scroll to settings>external inputs>AV preset, scroll down list to PC, press centre button on remote to 'Change', change setting from auto to Always, return to normal tv screen.
  3. When you go to your external input selector button, which gives you an onscreen drop down list, PC should no longer be greyed out (if it still is then stop reading!) press on PC.
  4. At this point a message appeared saying to check my device output settings (or something like that) this was to do with the screen resolution on my laptop, so to change that (hopefully yours came straight on).
  5. Go to control panel>Appearance and personalisation>Adjust screen resolution>drag slider left so that display 1's resolution is as low as it will go (800x600 on my system) then press Apply, this should give you at least something on the screen.
  6. I found the tv was only displaying my screensaver and no other icons (shortcuts, start button etc) go to control panel and on the left hand list in the blue area>connect to projector or other external display>connect display, then you will have the option to tick a box that says mirror my screen (or something like that again) tick then apply, you now should have screen saver with all icons.
  7. if the image is surrounded by a black border, on remote press key above internet video key looks like screen outline with a cross overlapped gives you screen size options.

Hope this is of some help realise it could all be a*se about face but as i said i'm no expert let me know if this works good luck! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Geordie20
Explorer

Alright mate, have managed to solve problem on my system, firstly i only wanted to use my tv as a monitor to watch films from my laptop on, so dont know if this solution will fit your requirements but i can now at least get the tv to display what is on my laptop.  This is the way i did it (remember i'm no expert).

1. connect tv to laptop with VGA cable (mine is 15 pin as is connection on back of tv)
  2. press home key on remote and scroll to settings>external inputs>AV preset, scroll down list to PC, press centre button on remote to 'Change', change setting from auto to Always, return to normal tv screen.
  3. When you go to your external input selector button, which gives you an onscreen drop down list, PC should no longer be greyed out (if it still is then stop reading!) press on PC.
  4. At this point a message appeared saying to check my device output settings (or something like that) this was to do with the screen resolution on my laptop, so to change that (hopefully yours came straight on).
  5. Go to control panel>Appearance and personalisation>Adjust screen resolution>drag slider left so that display 1's resolution is as low as it will go (800x600 on my system) then press Apply, this should give you at least something on the screen.
  6. I found the tv was only displaying my screensaver and no other icons (shortcuts, start button etc) go to control panel and on the left hand list in the blue area>connect to projector or other external display>connect display, then you will have the option to tick a box that says mirror my screen (or something like that again) tick then apply, you now should have screen saver with all icons.
  7. if the image is surrounded by a black border, on remote press key above internet video key looks like screen outline with a cross overlapped gives you screen size options.

Hope this is of some help realise it could all be a*se about face but as i said i'm no expert let me know if this works good luck! 

eleychou
Visitor

Thanks, will try it tonight!