Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Smart TV 'not enough memory' and Flash Player

SOLVED
flat-pack
New

Bravia Smart TV 'not enough memory' and Flash Player

Just bought my first Smart TV KDL42W635A, when I log on to btsport.com the page will not fully load message appears 'not enough memory to display webpage' 

[I am connecting by wireles to Router which my PC is also connected to and am able to watch BTsport on PC monitor.]

Is there a fix here ? can I increase the memory in the TV, cannot see there is a less image heavy bt webpage.

On another issue can flash player be loaded onto TV ?

Thanks

Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Unfortunately you cannot increase the TV's internal memory, neither can you install the Flash Player Plugin.   Many websites will work, its just that the graphic heavy websites really challenge the TV.  You must remember though, that this is a TV and not a computer.

You can connect your PC or laptop to the TV via HDMI though.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Unfortunately you cannot increase the TV's internal memory, neither can you install the Flash Player Plugin.   Many websites will work, its just that the graphic heavy websites really challenge the TV.  You must remember though, that this is a TV and not a computer.

You can connect your PC or laptop to the TV via HDMI though.

Cheers.

princeb71
New

Actually, all electronic devices - flat panels included - are mini-computers in a very basic sense and degree. As such, there are work arounds sometimes that can be "situated" with enough effort. It depends on architecture and construction. Sometimes, the former can make it extremely difficult, but the latter can make it absolutely impossible. With that, it had me wondering if there was a way to insert code into the tv's architecture to have it use a thumb drive placed in the USB port as a "green room", or preload cache. Something like extra memory, but not exactly. The images wouldn't need to be displayed, only the video content. Or maybe the memory stick COULD be used as extra memory. I don't know. Wondering out loud.