Join now - be part of our community!

BBC I Player not working on BRAVIA KDL52NX803U

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
orchardwalk
New

BBC I Player not working on BRAVIA KDL52NX803U

I recently purchased a KDL52NX803 for Xmas. I just can't get the BBC i player to work. I have the latest firmware downloaded (left set on standby for 24 Hrs seemed to sort this problem out OK), which is PKG4.085EUH-108. I have tried refreshing internet content but that doesn;t seem to work. I have tried resetting the wireless configurations and that doesn't work either. I can get you tube to work perfectly but the i player seems to be ever so painfully slow (10 mins or more)and can't get the icons to appear after the message " BBC I player downloading". I notice its a beta version so presume there are still problems with their end. Has anybody got a solution or having same kind of problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
orchardwalk
New

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried the full reset yet.But when I ran the I player again next day it suddenly worked.Speed was acceptable and the high quality setting worked too.Very strange.It all seemed to work after I had to reset my youtube account.Noticed that the software version has changed from pkg4.085 to 4.089.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried doing a full reset of the TV? Home>System settings>general setuo>factory settings?

Thanks

orchardwalk
New

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried the full reset yet.But when I ran the I player again next day it suddenly worked.Speed was acceptable and the high quality setting worked too.Very strange.It all seemed to work after I had to reset my youtube account.Noticed that the software version has changed from pkg4.085 to 4.089.

Regards