Join now - be part of our community!

Bad picture on Sony Bravia KDL-32EX301U

SOLVED

Bad picture on Sony Bravia KDL-32EX301U

I bought my KDL-32EX301U in November 2010. Since then it has worked perfectly, up until an hour ago when the screen suddenly went like this: 

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/rogerbee/DuffTV_zpsa9e95c80.jpg

That is of course a freeze frame and the vertical ghosting also scrolls. I tried both unplugging and retuning but to no avail. Obviously the TV is long out of warranty, but, I was just wondering if there was anything I could do. I don't really want to fork out for another TV just now, but, if that has to be the case then so be it. Any input would be greatly appreciated

CHEERS!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply,

It happened everywhere on everything, a reset couldn't save it. It's had a good innings I suppose, but nothing lasts forever.

A new TV it is then....

CHEERS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes, not a nice picture at all!

Is this happening on ALL inputs and devices connected (ie dvd/bluray player) or is it just Freeview?  Can you test this out?  If its just Freeview, I would suggest looking at your aerial cable (or aerial). 

If its all other devices too, try doing a factory reset (a long shot to be honest).  If that doesnt fix it......Well, you know the answer.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply,

It happened everywhere on everything, a reset couldn't save it. It's had a good innings I suppose, but nothing lasts forever.

A new TV it is then....

CHEERS!