Join now - be part of our community!

Audio switches back to auto from pcm when changing the channel

profile.country.GB.title
New

Audio switches back to auto from pcm when changing the channel

I want to play Sony KDL 40w4000 TV audio via an optical cable from a denon device which does not support dolby digital. So I switch the audio to PCM from the settings and I hear the sound as expected. However, whenever I switch the channel, the sound drops again, and my denon device suggests the signal becomes unsupported, i.e. i assime back to dolby digital. Sound still missing if I go back to previous channel. I go and see the audio setting and it still says ”PCM”. Now, I figured the only way to get the sound back is to switch the audio setting back to ”AUTO” and then back to ”PCM” again. This is very frustrating as you might imagine. Is there any fix to this? I went through all the possible setting combinations the TV has but to no effect.

I get that this is a pretty old TV but you would expect these types of things to just work?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Usually this setting should be stored in the TV.

Did you set the digital output to PCM via the main menu or via the options menu?

If you set it via options menu please try to adjust the setting via main menu.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
New

I did it both from the options menu and the main menu. Same outcome.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.