Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia S Battery Drain

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia S Battery Drain

I know we're dealing with Android OS here, which isnt the greatest when it comes to battery life but even after setting all connections to manual sync the battery drops rather quickly. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue. Lets see if we can get a Bug Fix out of this. 

124 REPLIES 124
uzvarb
Visitor

My friend bought the Xperia arc s, and I bought the Xperia S. Both have Android 4.0.4

and both phones are identical applications. And both phones is new. Friends battery lasts for 2 days, my 23 hours ( maximum ). When we looked what consumes power, we saw that the Xperia Arc with Android system spends about 2%, and Xperia S Android system uses 30% of battery.

There is definitely a problem in the Android system in the Xperia S phone.

I made the screen shots but I not transferred from his phone to my PC.

At Arc S when the screen is switched off phone sleeps. And the Xperia S is constantly active. What keeps the phone awake permanently unable to find out.

Before this phone I had the htc evo 3d and it was when the screen is switched off, there is no activity.

mirajkar_aniket
Visitor

I think it is mainly because of the hd display. It is far better  than that of arc s and thats why requires much more battery. Maybe we should try switching off mobile bravia engine for a week or so. It might improve the battery life.:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Sees01
Explorer

We wait 2-3 month this fix 😕 Android System eat battery , anly about this i hate Sony support !! No solution, no fix ....

kathir
Visitor

What does the value for 'ro.semc.batt.capacity' in build prop signify? My mobile's build prop has value as 1500. Shouldn't it be 1750? Will there be any improvement in battery life by modifying it to 1750?

uzvarb
Visitor

Yes, on XDA have discusion about that. But few people are trying to change that, and almost no feedback from them.

P.S.

My battery lasts exactly 24 hours with average use. It is quite ok, but can be  far better, some processes hold the phone constantly awake.

On my old phone with ICS also was not the case.

Sport-Billy
Visitor

I got the Xperia S about 5 months ago with the GingerBr. OS preinstalled, the battery life was really too small (about a day or less) but in a few weeks Sony fixed that with an update (almost 2 days-average use), after the ICS OS update 2 weeks ago we are one step behind again as far as the battery consumption is concerned... I really wonder what testers did all that time at the laboratories... There is a common sence we 're dealing with dudes in 2012 not sc. fiction!!!!!!!!!

RSXForever
Visitor

read my thread, I did some tests too and I confirm what you are saying, software mostly those social apps keep awaking the phone even if Wifi and 3G are not active. funny thing no one even replied to my thread eventhough I spend time doing them and other members can try them which might give sony a spotlight

anyway here's the link: http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/290955#290955

arutemauepon
Visitor

the stock GB that came preinstalled with the phone drains battery real fast, until they updated it...so far I updated it to ICS and i didn't have any problem with the battery. testers probably tested the android OS with its core applications and built-in applications, not with facebook that refreshes every hour, google+, any other applications that runs in the background and keeps on downloading small banner of ads, skype, viber, whatsapp...

profile.country.GB.title
Sees01
Explorer

Dont have a problem with battery? Can y get screen yuor battery, after 24 haour use.

Android System dont eat battery?

arutemauepon
Visitor

I don't have my xperia S with me anymore, gave it to my dad last month.

All kind of system needs battery, depending on usage, from my experience, my xperia itself can vary from 8 hours on heavy  emails/messaging to over 24 hours when I was busy with my work...at most was about 26 hours before it was dead. I don't know you use it but i only use it for messaging and emails, i didn't play any game or use anything else on it, I even disabled my facebook refresh interval, sync only email, calendar, contact, google + was partially disabled, only message, and whatsapp. that was all i have until i realized that i didn't need a dual core phone for just email and messaging.