Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Dead on STR-DN1040 after Firmware Upgrade

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Dead on STR-DN1040 after Firmware Upgrade

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed that the vTuner has stopped working since updating the firmware on this device?

I only noticed this earlier this evening but I do know that it was functioning okay prior to the firmware update.

I must say this is somewhat disappointing given that we only have one useable channel on the SEN network. As you may know the other one 'Music Unlimited' is a subscription service so it's pretty pointless to say the least.

Hope Sony can fix this soon.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MK_Slinky.

Its not the FW update that killed vTuner.  There is an issue at the moment.  Im surprised that you missed the following thread :):

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/hi-fi-systems/vtuner-not-working/m-p/1755913

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MK_Slinky.

Its not the FW update that killed vTuner.  There is an issue at the moment.  Im surprised that you missed the following thread :):

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/hi-fi-systems/vtuner-not-working/m-p/1755913

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Quinnicus,

It's been a while since I last visited this forum as I'm having a few difficult issues to contend with at home, thanks for the heads up! It's a relief to know that it's not a Sony issue. :slight_smile: I don't tend to look at the other areas of the forum very often, hence why I missed the other post. I'll go take a look at the link you provided for sure.

Cheers :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome.

Unfortunately there are no updates, and cannot confirm if its a Sony or vTuner issue either.  So... 

Hope things get better for you anyway.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Found this whilst looking at Blu-ray players the other day.

Sony have released a statement of sorts here:  Update: vTuner network service issue

Looking at the supplied list of affected devices this looks to be a major issue!

SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) seems an almost pointless addition on the STR-DN1040 with just one available option left currently, 'Music Unlimited'. Why they chose to call it that I don't know, at first glance it's VERY LIMITED. Users can only listen to a few seconds of each track unless they subscribe. Such choices, I feel spoilt rotten (sarcastic tone)! Not what you would expect on such an expensive device.

Whoever is to blame I hope they sort it out soon.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Update!

This was not caused by the firmware update as I originally suspected however at this present time we don't know the real cause. :thinking:

As of 09 September 2014 vTuner is alive and well again here in the UK!! :wink:

Beiner
Explorer

I hope The issue has been resolved in all regions. I'll test The service later today to see if Sweden is still affected.

Sorry Sony,

for a multiniational "quality" brand youre loosing customers with this amateur style solving problems

better have bought tio pioneer or marantz instead of this

v-tuner causing the problems is bull***** SOLVE IT because my warranty is just over

i have a Sony tv that does not support youtube, Sony again pointing at someone else

not to mention all the restriction

I want a solution NOW :angry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

I called Sony again about this on Friday (11th) and Mohammed of their Customer Service team admitted that they will no longer be supplying vTuner and those of us with vTuner units will no longer be able to access internet radio because Sony will not issue an upgrade to allow us access to TuneIn...THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Sony have lied to us and ripped us off...they cannot be allowed to get away with this!

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Agree. This tantamount to stealing back our service, or supplying services knowing that they were NOT of a permanent nature.