Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDVE880 and Sky

profile.country.en_GB.title
dch123
Visitor

Sony BDVE880 and Sky

I read the reviews and bought the BDVE880. I put off installing for a couple of days cos I am not IT-friendly and usually have problems. I installed it yesterday - and am having problems with Sky.

The only way I can get the whole system to work is to connect the Sky+ box to the BD via HDMI and then the BD to the (Samsung) TV via HDMI.

This causes problems:

- EVERYTHING needs to be switched on just to watch a bit of telly. We don't always need Surround Sound etc etc just to catch up with the news.

- The TV needs to have the volume reduced to zero (mute just leaves a "MUTE" logo floating around the screen) each time.

- When I tried it out again this morning I spent a good ten minutes with three different remotes just to get the whole system working - there might be a sequence to follow when switching on but I haven't found it yet.

Questions:

1. Can I connect the Sky+ box to the TV but also get the Sound System to work? (Surely the HDMI should allow this).

2. If I have to stick with the current connections, is there a switch on sequence I should follow?

Thanks in anticipation.

DCH

0 REPLIES 0