Join now - be part of our community!

Motionflow UBP-X800

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MrAndyRoo81
Explorer

Motionflow UBP-X800

Hi all,

I got a UBP-X800 player today. While the picture and sound quality are great, the 4K picture input is really 'fake' looking. Basically, it looks like one of those cheap American soap operas.

I also have a Sony KD49X8505B TV.

On all my other inputs, on the TV remote, there an option to adjust the motionflow so that I can correct this effect to something that looks more like a normal cinematic movie; however, for this player (and only when using a 4K input) this option no longer appears to be accessible via my remote.

Any ideas how to adjust the motionflow with this player?

Oddly enough if I play a DVD or standard BluRay, the motion is normal and as per the settings I applied for our old player / Sky box etc.

I don't understand why having the player connected to the TV prevents me from accessing the normal menus to allow me to adjust these settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am starting to lose my rag with it!!

Cheers,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@JTMech

Hi,

Press the SYNC MENU button on your TV remote control. A window will appear on your TV screen with several options. Select [TV control with the TV remote]/[Device control by TV remote], this toggles the TV remote to either TV operation or device operation. In this case you want TV operation.

Please see this page of your user manual

Regards 

If it ain't broke don't fix it

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
MrAndyRoo81
Explorer

Stand down: I finally got the damn thing working!

Turns out you have to set your TV remote to specifically act as the TV remote (who knew?) and then you can do it.

Without that, all settings on your TV remotes are overridden by the player's menu options.

*bangs head on wall*

profile.country.GB.title
JTMech
Explorer

For the benefit of me, can you give a quick idiots guide on how to do this! :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@JTMech

Hi,

Press the SYNC MENU button on your TV remote control. A window will appear on your TV screen with several options. Select [TV control with the TV remote]/[Device control by TV remote], this toggles the TV remote to either TV operation or device operation. In this case you want TV operation.

Please see this page of your user manual

Regards 

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.GB.title
JTMech
Explorer

Thank you very much, most helpful.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

You are welcome

Regards