Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Recorder RDR HXD890 losing all channels when turned off

SOLVED
ToniBolzona
Explorer

DVD Recorder RDR HXD890 losing all channels when turned off

Hi,

for the past few days our dvd has been losing all channels when switched off. The latest comments to a seemingly similar problem are from 2013 so I was wondering whether anyone knows of the current cause and, hopefully, also a solution to this.

Any tips will be welcome but I have tried the factory reset several times already with - you guessed it - absolutely no effect.

Many thanks

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi Heskete, I did not imply that you are not able to apply the instructions, just that the procedure is not that simple.... Anyway I'm sorry you didn't solve and have to buy a new recorder. I'm curious to get feedback from you about it (just in case my own RDR-HXD870 will give up at one point) because on the paper the Pana are great (which model did you buy? a BD recorder one?) but I'm not sure they have all the features (i.e. autochaptering, advanced editing, very fast operation, a very good Guideplus EPG unfortunately lost some years ago) that were made available on the HXDs that in my opinion are still good machines
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@rooobb

Hi,

Out of interest I own a Panny DMR-BWT720EB Blu-ray recorder (an older version now) simply because they are the only company selling a Blu-ray recorder in the country ! Sony refuse to market their models to us as everyone (except poor internet customers) in the West would appear to prefer streaming - that is a rant I have previously vented on this forum. Anyway, back to the point, I own a Sony DVD recorder which is now over ten years old. So old it does not even have a freeview tuner on it so I have it hooked up to a seperate set-top box, the kids use it anyway. I can confirm that the Panny has twin HD tuners and 1TB HDD and all the other features you have mentioned, at the lack of Sony interest I would advise to get one.

I just hope that with the advent of Ultra HD coming soon that Sony open up more of their products to us here in the UK ?

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it