Join now - be part of our community!

Distracting Line

profile.country.en_GB.title
Anthony662
New

Distracting Line

CAn anyone help please.  I have a KDL 32ex523 TV and SVR HDT500 freeview box.  Whenever we watch ITV1 through the box a string of white dashes appear along the top edge of the TV from left to halfway across. The picture is still very good but the lines are distracting. This does not appear when watching other channels through the box. Equally when ITV1 is viewed without going through the box the lines are not present.  I have re-tuned the box a few times but the issue does not go away.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You may have some interfernce between HDMI and aerial cables. Try to use better cables or put some distance between the two.

Anthony662
New

Hi Rooobb

The line is still there, strangely only on ITV1 when signal is provided through the HDD recorder.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

ANother possible option that I had in the past is that some channel transmit the video in a smaller area. In this case is up to the TV set to visualize correctly the image.

In my TV (KDL32W4000) in the set up menu - Screen setup there is an option called "Full pixel" ("Pixel pieno" in Italian) in which the TV is not changing anything (and so the accuracy is better) but you may encounter the problem that you have; if you set it up as "Normal", it should fill all your TV screen so cancelling the unuseful first pixel line.. let's try.

Anthony662
New

Hi Rooobb

Thank you. Unfortunately my TV doesn't have those options.  The picture on the TV is fine on it's own, the problem appears; only on ITV1 though?; when the signal is received through the HMDI connection from the HDD.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi Anthony,

I had a look at the i-manual of your tv and the option is under the display menu/Screen sub-menu

Immagine.bmp

It applies only to external source so this is why you don't have problem with the internal decoder.

Have a look at the actual setting, if it is Full pixel switch it to normal

Anthony662
New

Hi Rooobb

Tried your suggestion but the dashed line still appears. Have also carried out factory reset and retuned to no avail. Thanks.

Anthony