Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N7200W sound distortion

profile.country.GB.title
jonmell
Explorer

BDV-N7200W sound distortion

Hi - I have a new BDV-N7200W system. Dialogue on the front left speaker is distorted, especially at the bass level (especially bad on deep male voices). Music comes across fine.

I have tried using the front left speaker on other channels (eg front right) and it has the same problem. Before I dismantle everything and take it back to the store, is there anything I can do/check to see?

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Mab007
Explorer

I have had the same problem but with the RHF front speaker . I am currently having the system exchanged with sony online store but I am concerned that there will still be a problem .
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys.

I don't suppose the following is applicable by any chance?

Attenuation Settings.jpg

Also, try turning OFF all Sound fields and Sound effects and see if that makes any difference?  Goto Audio Settings > Sound Effects > OFF

Cheers

Mab007
Explorer

Hi , no my system was connected to HDMI and I also got the same distorsion when playing Blu-ray Discs .Tried changing the sound field settings also . It must be the speaker as I have swapped with the LHF front speaker connection and it's still has distorsion .
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well, unfortunately I have no other ideas im afraid - hopefully your exchanged unit provides better results.

dbraux
Explorer

Hi there,

I experience the same issue on both front speakers.

My first set had the issue immediately after installing on both front and surround speakers, so I brought it back to my dealer and got it replaced. 

After 3 weeks, I received a brand new set which was working fine during the first couple of weeks. Now, the same issue is starting all over again. I really have tried everything (factory reset, re-install firmware, replaced all HDMI cables by new ones - did that with the new set - moved away speakers from the TV set, tried multiple auto-calibrations, modified sound settings manually, etc....), but no way to get it solved. It sounds like crunchy on dialogues and (especially piano) music.

I have contacted my dealer again, I am waiting for his response, but I do believe this could be a software or decoding problem. Isn't there a way to fix this? The set is not cheap and it does not bring the quality I am used to from Sony...

profile.country.GB.title
tennysonman

Hi Guys,

Can you give the exact settings to reproduce this problem.  What media / film is it best heard on? Thanks.

VADECS
New

Had it also, after changing all the cables, try different connections and setups, i sent it in for guarenty case, mainboard was replaced, got it back, problem still there.  

So i touched (dont ask me why) the speakerpart that creates the sound (the big oval part,think thats the one that creates the mid tones, sorry dont know the right word in english) and somehow it went better....

After a gentle "massage" session of al the speakers all my issues were solved. I believe maybe its about the speakers laying long in the box the material gets stiff or something?

Im very happy with my system now!

Good luck with it! Grts from Belgium

scott
Explorer

Same issue here....bought system December 2016, and then noticed front left speaker distortion on low bass sounds, speaking and especially on piano sounds. 

Anyone have a fix for this or had a response from Sony? 

I bought mine from Richer Sounds, not sure whether to take the speaker back to them to arrange an exchange or contact Sony? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @scott

Did you read the post above from VADECS.  However it does appear that some have swapped their unit/speakers for another one.

Cheers