Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S185 USB support for portable USB HDD (FAT32/NTFS)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ramsuk
Visitor

BDP-S185 USB support for portable USB HDD (FAT32/NTFS)

Hi,

Can i connect USB portable Hard disk to BDP-S185 USB input. I have connected my usb potable HDD to BDP-S185 player ( tried Segate and Western digital) but it could not detect  the Hard disk. I want to play the files from portable Hard Disk. Please let me know if any body tried connecting portable usb hard disks to BDP-S185 player. I have returned my first BDP-S185 player hoping that it has some problem, But the new one also not able to detect USB hard disks. I am able to play the contents from USB flash drive (Memory Stick).

Ram

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the HDD needs to be formatted in FAT32 for it to be recognised by the player, of coarse you are able to play from a USB flash drive as they are already in FAT32 format.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the HDD needs to be formatted in FAT32 for it to be recognised by the player, of coarse you are able to play from a USB flash drive as they are already in FAT32 format.

ramsuk
Visitor

Hi,

I have tried the USB HDD with FAT32 only. but no luck.

midsfun
Visitor

FAT32! what i piece of rubbish. 4gb limit and lots of wasted disk space. Mines back in its box waiting to be returned

lezardss
Visitor

BDP S 185 reads NTFS files but the external HDD must be supplied by an external power and not by the USB of the BDPs185. The problem is the USB supply of the BR reader which is too low for external HDD (I tried it with NTFS and FAT32 HDD supplied by USB and it don t work . But with an old one wtih external supply it works ...) Bye