Join now - be part of our community!

24p playback with MKV files

djkutasi

24p playback with MKV files

Hi guys,

I have a Sony BDV-N9200W home cinema system and can't get 24p playback wiht MKV files.

There is a setting in the menu for blu-rays, but my MKV files still plays at 60p.

I have the latest firmware installed. (and my projector supports 24p)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You are correct that this ony supports 24p on Blurays and DVDs.  You cannot force this on external files such as mkv's. 

Supported Frame Rates:

• 60 fps on AVCHD
  • 30 fps on other codecs

Cheerd

djkutasi

Thanks for your answer, though i am quite disappinted.

I had a LG BH9540TW home cinema system before, which cost the half of Sony's price and that one supported 24p with MKV files. It's a big shame on Sony i think. I don't even know what a heck they change wiht the firmware updates...

I am also stuggling with the subtitle size and placement on my Sony, which i can not modify... The default text is so small, i can't really read it.

I know i could change a lot of things from a PC, but i don't want a humming machine in my room, so i think i should go for an external media player.

Don't you know any good ones? Like Oppo/Dune HD/WD which supports 24p MKV playback and can change subtitle position?

Cheers.

Zoltan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I always fancy a dedicated media player over a 'temp' solution, especially if your main viewing is via files (like me)

I own a MED1000X3D by Mede8er.  Its fantastic.  It plays everything I throw at it, with full jukebox/media walls etc.

See 

http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_product_med1000x3d.htm

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php

Cheers

djkutasi

I know this one, i was checking the prices earlier. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to change the position and size of the MKV file subtitles wiht these Mede8er players?

I have a cinemascope projector screen and i have to push the subtitles a bit upwards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can easily change size and position and colour of subtitles 

I know the price is higher than some others.  But for me, its been my all time best purchase in regards to tech purchases!

However, it wont do catchup tv and the likes, but you have other devices for that.

djkutasi

Basically i just need something which plays MKV files and supports subtitle edits.

Can i plug this Mede8er to my Sony with a simple HDMI cable and use it like a player, meantime the Sony unit does the speakers amplification as usual?

Thanks for your replies! :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have mine connected to my Sony AV Reciever via HDMI.  I have a 4TB internal hdd, 2x 4TB external HDDs and a 2TB external HDD using a non-powered usb hub.  The more hdds you have connected, the slower the boot up time.  But mine is on like 12 hours a day anyway.

The MED1000X3D supports HDMI-CEC functions - hence can use the TV remote control to operate.  Only thing is, i need to switch it on via its own remote for the CEC functions to work.  Its also fanless - only noise is HDDs.

If my MKV files do not have subtitles, i can pause the tv show/movie and download it via the subtitle options menu.

I have not used Dune or other players to compare, but happy with this one. Hope this helps.

Your welcome :slight_smile:

djkutasi

I have just bought a MED1000X3D, and still waiting for the delivery. A question:

Can i connect an active subwoofer directly to this Mede8er to its coaxial out?

I have the Sony BDV-N9200W Home cinema system and just wondering is it possible to replace the Sony's passive subwoofer to a better active one?

Any ideas? or how to? 

So my setup is:

MED1000X3D

Sony BDV-N9200W home cinema 5.1

+ Gale 3080W active subwoofer

Sony VPL-VW50ES projector

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying.  I have no idea if that is posible.  Someone also asked that question on the Mede8er forums, but the reply was something else. 

See:

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,13286.msg87105.html#msg87105

Try posting that question on their forums.

Cheers