Join now - be part of our community!

Totally fed up frustrated and angry customer

jonisingt35r
Explorer

Totally fed up frustrated and angry customer

just posting here hoping sony has any staff that monitor these boards as ive spent 2hours trying to resolve an returns issue totally fed up and really quite shocked at the level of service, from my experience if you have a problem out of the ordinary youve had it.

my story

i was looking into getting a tablet for surfing the net so i chose the z3 after reading up about on sony.co.uk its a android tablet so i was unsure as ive never used one before, i noticed on the site it had a rerurn period of 30days so great im sure it will be ok but if it isnt i can return it. Two weeks pass and i start to realise lots of websites dont load properly it turns out flash isnt supported by the ansroid koperating system, i tryed andd tryed to find an alternative tl iflash but none was found, its a superb maching i really wanted to keep it but the browsing just doesnt work.

this is where the masness started, i must have spent over 2hours getting bounced around sony, sonys staff are very very prodessional but if you have a problem which is a bit tricky i think youve had it i simply gave up no one really seemed interested i just got the impression they weree so bussy. i asked many time of they had a specilised depart that could help me but no.

when i made the purchase from sony.co.uk from what i gather i was then redirected to a different company sony xperia, guess what they have different terms and conditions and a return policy of just 14 days.

during the pirchase of the unit, at no time are you aware of being sent to a different company or warned of changed terms and conditions on the goods that you are buying, by the looks of it you go from 30 to 14days return period. i brought this on the promis of a 30day retuen period on the site where i started the purchase sony.co.uk./ store, top right corner of the page it says free delivery / 30days return thats says to me everything in the store has 30days logicaly.

Buy risk-free

Get a full refund if you’re not 100% satisfied with your product. Just send it back to us within 30 days to receive your refund. (this is quited from the opning page of the store)

so im left with a unit that doesnt really work ie wont brows the internet properly, i feel like i was decieved if i was honest. ive given up contacting via emal or char or phone.

it isnt a money issure, its more of a trust and  principle and honisty issure i feel lile ive been decieved.

i am am a life long fan of sony, every electronic item in my house has a sony badge on it im always looking for the next sony buy, im really not so sure now after this experience i just feel left in limbo.

sony is a great great company with fantastic products, but if youve got a problem out of the normal there is just no one there to help. really hope some kind person from sony can resolve this problem

kind regards

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jonisingt25r,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Sony staff do not normally reply to posts in the user forum however I have passed your comments on in the hope that someone from Sony may be able to help, if I get a reply I will update this thread..
jonisingt35r
Explorer

ok thank you very much for that.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Just an update..
I can confirm that one of my contacts in Sony mobile has been made aware of the problems you have posted above & hopefuly someone from Sony will be in contact soon..

I think the reason you are possibly having a problem is that Xperia tablets now fall under the care of Sony Mobile & not the Sony Store above, the Xperia tablet is also no longer included as one of the products groups supported by this forum anymore & now forms part of the Sony Mobile forum..
Could you please update this thread once someone has been in contact with you please so that I can thank my contact for his help..

jonisingt35r
Explorer

yes i will and thank you.

mathomp28
New

Hi , I don't Know if you have solved your problem. but here are a few pointers and facts.

If you purchaces the item from or within the UK you are covered by a number of LAWS.

Look into the distance selling regulations I think you may be suprised at the many reasons you can return an item.

under the sale of goods and services act an item sold must be fit for the purpose which it was intended, hence you purchased a tablet PC , these items are mainly intended for "internet" acces. therefor if you are unable to open web pages then it is surely not fit for purpose and therefor the 14 days return policy is irrelevent , basically you can return it anyway, they may wish to repair the item for you as it may actually have a fault or simply need an update. but being an android , this is something i am not sure about.

many companies will do this and they will insist that they are within their rights to do so but i will also say that . if they continue to pass you from pillar to post then it is obvious thay may be stalling for time. so if you end up arguing through e-mails or phone calls then simply package the tablet up , send it back to sony headquaters and accompany this with a letter stating why you are returning the item and the unless you recieve a refund within 14 days you will then proceed to take action against sony in your small claims court (it costs £35) and you can persue for this as well. remember to document everything and use recorded post , even use witness signatures on the letter ,

watch them change their tune .