Join now - be part of our community!

Sony ICD SX1000 Voice Recorder Question

nigelbond
Explorer

Sony ICD SX1000 Voice Recorder Question

Hi,

I've just bought one of these. Can anyone tell me where the serial number can be found on it, please, so I can register it properly. I've looked all over it but I can't see one.

Also, what is the maximum sd card it takes in GBs please? I can't see this mentioned in the help guide.

Thanks,

Nigel

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi nigelbond and welcome to the Sony User Community :slight_smile:

The serial number should be visible at the rear panel.

Unfortunately I can't find the maximun size card for this model either.

All it states is that it has an in-built  "Memory Card Expansion Slot (microSD/M2) allows for additional recording time via removable flash memory. It can also be used to transfer recordings to a computer. Thanks to the cross-memory recording feature, the recorder can automatically extend a recording from the built-in flash memory to the micro SD card to avoid interruption."

However with the 16GB internal memory giving 'up to 636 hours' of recording I guess its up to you how big you really need to go with a card.

nigelbond
Explorer

Thanks for the welcome and the reply, :slight_smile: Ah, yes, I can see the serial number now, it's right at the bottom. I was expecting to see it in a panel. As for the card size, you're probably right - 16gb is more than enough :wink: Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@nigelbond You're welcome :slight_smile: