Join now - be part of our community!

COMPLAINT! Escalation after escalation, and still no idea what's going on the repair (Z3)

rehanshaikh
Explorer

COMPLAINT! Escalation after escalation, and still no idea what's going on the repair (Z3)

I received a Z3 phone for Christmas...

Fault

- crack due to overheating

12th Dec  

- I contacted the support via online chat

- I was told to send it via free post to your repair centre

- " The turnaround time for this process is currently on average 5-7 working days, from when the repair centre receives the product"

3rd Jan

- Product was sent, along with proof of purchase, and contact details

9th Jan

- Received email confirmation phone has been received

15th Jan      

- Received email repair has been delayed due to out of stock part

20th Jan

- Asked for update, no response.

2nd Feb

- Allowed DOUBLE the time required to return my product and have decided to try and contact SONY as I have had absolutely NO RESPONSE to the initial update on the 15th Jan

- I contacted online chat support and told them what was going on, I was told the problem had been escalated and someone would get back to me within 3-5 days

9th Feb

- I contacted online chat support again due to NO RESPONSE, again told them what was going on, I was told the problem had been escalated and someone would get back to me within 3-5 days. This time by phone

16th Feb

- Contact support via email due NO RESPONSE

I think you can guess the pattern now... NO RESPONSE

contacted support by chat again on 23rd Feb and 2nd March, same story the problem is being escalated  and someone will contact me once they have more information.

I can share the unhelpful email chat conversations I had with support if it helps.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rehanshaikh,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Unfortunately we don't cover mobile phones on this forum but if you can post a case number I will see if I can get someone to investigate your case for you..
rehanshaikh
Explorer

Hi,

Not sure if it's to do with this post or my persistence in asking for updates. However last night got a voicemail from a "Manager", he unfortunately was no help.

The same old story, they are still waiting g for an update from the repair team and will advise once they have more information... 

Having been over a month since the first update, how much more time is needed!

Apologises for the rant, but I can’t believe how slow Xperia care are.

As requested Repair Order Number attached: 1-16115387646

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I did forward this onto one of my contacts within Sony mobile who assured me he would get someone from the UK customer service team to contact you, hopefully you should see some movement now but if not please update this thread & I will chase again for you..

rehanshaikh
Explorer

Thanks for intervening, just got a call from a guy called Scott, very helpful.

Although they can't work out what’s happened to my phone a new replacement Z3 is being sent out to me.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent news, could you update this thread once your replacement arrives please.?