Join now - be part of our community!

CashBacks & Customer Service - Does Sony realise the damage this does to their brand?

jimbly_
Explorer

CashBacks & Customer Service - Does Sony realise the damage this does to their brand?

Hi All

As at least some of the comments left here end well, I thought i’d share my experience with Sony Customer “Service”

A long time ago, last August to be exact, I bought a Sony DSC-RX100, finally persuaded to spend more than I intended due to the cashback offer prominently displayed in the shop. I filled in the claim form and sent it in on the 9th Sept 2014

I then waited...

The first email communication arrived on the 8th Nov explaining my claim had been rejected because “Your country of residence is not eligible for this offer”.

I emailed and called to point out this wasn’t anywhere in the conditions of the offer. This was confirmed in the next email on the 14th Nov

“After my manager agree, we treated your claim and you will receive your cash back of 50£ at least beginning of December.”

Next email

8th Dec “Unfortunately I cannot give you an exact date as to when the transfer will be made. Your file has been treated and your transfer will be made with the next batch of transfers. I apologize again for this delay and thank you for your patience and understanding.”

and then

15th Dec “the next batch is supposed to go out at the end of this week. I apologize for this delay.”

This year a different story

9th Jan “I just wanted to update you on this: unfortunately my supervisor is out of the office until Monday, she is sick.When she returns and can give me more information I will inform you. Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.”

27th Jan : Unfortunately I still do not have an answer regarding the date of the next transfers. I can however confirm that you will absolutely receive your cashback.  I have given your file to my supervisor and we will do our best to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
Thanks once again for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.”

Since then nothing.

I wonder if Sony Marketing have any idea what damage this is doing to their brand? Is it worth the 50GBP refund that is due to me – unlikely given the people I’ve told of this....

Many Thanks

Jim

4 REPLIES 4
gimley65
Explorer

I had a similar issue with a SONY camcorder purchased from Amazon.  In my case, I received a couple of emails saying that the proof of purchase I had sent them was invalid, but without explanation, so on the third attempt I sent them everything I had and a week later got all the documents back.  That was November and I have received no cashback yet.  I have just called the so-called helpline to be told they have no idea when the £50 rebate would be paid - that's just unacceptable but there doesn't seem to be anyone to complain to!  I have looked for a contact number on Sony's websitebut without success.  Hopefully Jim you will get some resolution soon.  If you find any useful contact numbers, please post them here and hopefully others will be able to benefit from this situation. 

gimley65
Explorer

update: I found a sony contact number on the original cash back T&C - 01204 203802 - and spoke to a customer services operator who is promising to help.  apparently payments are made at the begiining of each month so I can expect the rebate mid March...............

jimbly_
Explorer

Hi Gimley

Nothing new I'm afraid, supposedly they are talking to accounts about it
(that was 2 weeks ago) - seems incredible that a company with the
reputation that Sony has is prepared to have it destroyed for the sake of
50 pounds - it must have cost them that much to send me so many apology
emails!
Good luck with your endeavors, i'll post here with any news...

Ta

Jim
jimbly_
Explorer

I thought i'd give that number a go as well (01204 203802) and whilst apologetic and saying my case has been escalated i'm not holding my breath... To be honest I quite enjoy it now - when people ask me if they should by Sony, i've quite a tale to tell!

Maybe March.....

Ta

Jim