Join now - be part of our community!

Can't download ITVX

profile.country.GB.title
Martynsfone
Explorer

Can't download ITVX

I can't down ITVX onto my Bravia XR-55A80J.

I have tried all the suggusts eg deleye apos and data for storage space.

Just can't see it in Google store and there's no Sony firmware to update.

Can someone please advise?

14 REPLIES 14
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Martynsfone, which software version is currently installed on your TV? The latest version should be 6.6070. You can also try to clear the TV's cached data (home - settings - system - storage - internal storage - cached data - press OK), then force restart your TV by holding the Power button for a few secs. You can also clear the cached data for Live TV & Catchup (settings - apps - Live TV & Catchup), then check an update for iTV on Google Play Store again, hope it works! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Martynsfone
Explorer

Hello Piscie

Thankyou for your reply.

I tried your suggestion but this didn't work.

Software 

Kernal  4.19.75  update #1 Thu Jun 2 18:13:56 JST 2022

Android TV OS version 10

Last patch 1 April 2022

Andriod TV OS build

BRAVIA _VH2_EU_user 10 QTG3 200305.006.S164 659281 release-keys

Kind regards

Martyn

profile.country.GB.title
Martynsfone
Explorer

Hello @Piscie @

Thankyou for your reply.

I tried your suggestion but this didn't work.

Software 

Kernal  4.19.75  update #1 Thu Jun 2 18:13:56 JST 2022

Android TV OS version 10

Last patch 1 April 2022

Andriod TV OS build

BRAVIA _VH2_EU_user 10 QTG3 200305.006.S164 659281 release-keys

Kind regards

Martyn

Piscie
Community Team

@Martynsfone, I heard that Sony is investigating this issue actually, hopefully they will find a solution soon! and I'd recommend checking an update for Live TV & Catchup on Google Play Store, check if there's an update available for all the catchup apps or not.

profile.country.GB.title
Martynsfone
Explorer

Hello @Piscie

Thankyou for your help so help in this matter. 

I'll keep trying the updates.

Regards

Martyn

Piscie
Community Team

@Martynsfone, anytime! Keep us updated how thing are going.

profile.country.GB.title
rightgradely
Explorer

I'm another in the same boat wrt ITVX.  My 2019 Bravia (KD55XF8577SU) still has ITV hub and there is no sign of updating either automatically or via the play store.  I've also followed the cache-clearing advice to no avail.

It seems to be a bit of a Sony thing.  Frustrating as my britbox contract expires in Jan and I would move to ITVX but not if I have to reply on streaming from my phone.

profile.country.GB.title
sonybravia65

I'm also in the same boat.  I have Sony Google TV, but I feel it's been a waste of money as I was better off getting an amazon firestick or a different TV instead.  This TV is behind others when it comes to apps and especially ITVX which seems to be running on TV's older than the Sony.

@Piscie - Sorry to ask, but can you tell us how you know that Sony is finding a workaround for the ITVX app?

profile.country.GB.title
rightgradely
Explorer

I saw from a SonyUK twitter reply to someone else that ITVX should be rolled out to Sony TVs in January.  Encouraging if tardy - but it is really poor that they can't communicate simply and clearly to everyone via their or ITVX's website.  Perhaps they think they are a train company and have modelled their comms approach on that basis ....!