Join now - be part of our community!

Anti-Austerity March

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anti-Austerity March

Hello all

Thought Id create a political thread !

The Peoples Assembly has organised a demonstration today, so if you dont believe in austerity for the poor or less well off, where the rich get richer, join the demonstration today and let your voice be heard.

http://www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk

I'll post back photos later

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely fantastic festival atmosphere today. Noisy but peaceful all united for common causes.

http://s4.postimg.org/whp2jebpp/DSC_0009.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I would post an update on how yesterday went from my perspective.

I got picked up at 8:30am with my dad by a free coach that was arranged by Unite Union.  Everyone on the bus was in a positive, cheerful and chatty mood.  Talking to all sorts of people from a wide range of backgrounds. A quick smoko stop at a motorway service station before actually getting into London.  Got to London by around 10:30, but we were all unsure if the bus driver got lost or was circling around london as we were there a little early as the march wasnt until 1pm. Any how, time was ticking and in the end the bus just counld get to the official drop off point (traffic) and was decided to walk as it would be quicker in the end.

So we walked to the 'banks' location, and was simply amazed by the amoun of people and the carnival/festival atmosphere.  Now I have been on on a few marches in my time (although not for some time) and this was the best atmosphere going.  All sorts of drums banging and music playing.  Even though we were packed in this area like sardines and shoulder to shoulder with a complete stranger, no one cared.  A night at the pub like that would bring many fights. Toddlers to pensioners, students to workers - pure fantastic.

After a rallying pep talk and many chants we were off on the march.  From banks to parliament square.  Now, for anyone who knows me, knows my walking ability is poor, but I did it!!  2.3miles (plus to and from bus is a total of 3.5miles) - I have a blister on my toe, chaffed on my thights and aching feet today but loved every minute if it.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

There were some rather colourful language banners that I cant post here. Walkimg past Downing Street bought on the predicatble 'boo'

DSC_0027.JPG

And a few spies in the sky

DSC_0020.JPG

With 2 hours of speeches, with in my opinion is too long, inevitably some flares or smoke canisers would be let off, with a small fire in the street to amuse some. 

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

However for the amount of people, I have not heared of much trouble at all.  Ive seen more trouble at a cricket match. Both sides of the fence were on good terms - protesters and police and was truely an event we could be proud of.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Its that time of year again.  The Peoples Assembly have organised another march this year.

Date: Saturday 16 April 2016

Time: 1pm

Where: Gower Street/Euston Road

More information:

http://www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk

United We Stand

HHEJ_04.jpg