Join now - be part of our community!

Account problems

profile.country.GB.title
neills
Explorer

Account problems

Hello,

I've had an account since the PS2/PS3 launch for content and downloads but I'm not so worried about that content now as the machines have been handed down a long time ago.

In 2014 I updated my Sony account details (address, credit card etc) online when I bought a Sony digital camera with App capabilities and purchased and installed various added functions. These downloads I do still use and need the updates when released. 

I needed to update the camera firmware 2 days ago to add the latest lens profiles which was ok as it's all free.

Afterwards when I checked the camera was functioning properly I used the camera over wifi to see if the Apps were in need of an update. I had two to do. I followed the necessary steps but had problems. Rather than struggle on a small screen I thought I'd use the laptop.

This is when I found that I was unable to log in to my account. The password was rejected repeatedly and I was locked out.

I waited till today and tried to reset my password but the answer to the secret question was also rejected. 

(I do have the password and the answer to hand just in case my keychain fuzzes out).

I'm unable to create a new account using my common email as it already exists so I've created an account with an alternative email hoping to link the two accounts to access and upgrade the Apps on the camera. 

Before trying I thought I'd join the Community for the first time and ask for any help or guidance available. 

Kind Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @neills and welcome to the community,

I recommend that you get in touch with Support so they can help you with this (details here).

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
neills
Explorer

Hi cass_n,

Thank you for the reply.

I contacted Camera Support and ended up with help from PlayStation Support.

Have passed to them the relevant information this evening and hopefully all will be well in the next few days.

Regards.

profile.country.GB.title
Neills_
New

I'm back up and running. I guess I'd blocked the account without realising.

I was issued an email, once my details were confirmed, for the account which allowed me to reset the password. I upgraded the account and linked all together in the process.

OK, so now I will attempt to upgrade the Camera Apps on the camera first and see how it goes.

Thank you to Sony Support and the Community for helping.

Regards.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Glad to hear it @Neills_!

profile.country.GB.title
Neills_
New

OK. As an update to this thread it would seem that updating Playmemories Camera Apps on the camera over wifi isnt possible. There is a loop whichever way you try to use the App which results in a Network Setting prompt. I tried numerous times to address the prompt but no go.

However, logging in to Playmemories on a laptop using Safari web browser I was able to see my Apps, download the installer PMCADownloader2., plug the camera in and do the process that way. 

A big relief after a week of initially attempting the process.

There is a message on the Playmemories website which is dated August alerting users to an issue with camera downloads.

Anyway, I hope if you've read this it helps in some way when you to need to update Apps on your camera.

Regards.

CameraServer.jpg

SonyServer.jpg