Join now - be part of our community!

Using 2 readers on 1 PC?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Helsing1
Explorer

Using 2 readers on 1 PC?

I have given up trying to download to my PRS600 from Kobo via my laptop - results in "Internet Explorer cannot display web page".  Kobo tell me it must be a problem with internet or reader.  However we have 2 PCs and 2 readers and there are no problems with other reader and PC with our WiFi and I have not had a problem downloading from WH Smiths before they handed over to Kobo.  I am therefore thinking of using the other PC for both readers.  How do I go about this?  I have already deactiviated my PC.    Or is there an easier solution?  Thank you.

Message was edited by: Helsing1

Message was edited by: Helsing1

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

No need to deactivate your PC, but your error message suggests that you're trying to download the book into internet explorer, have you installed Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on your laptop?

If not I suggest you do then run it and enter your Adobe ID. This will authorise your PC. Then plug in the reader and authorise it from within ADE.

When you've purchased a book from any of the usual places you'll be given the download option, click download but select 'open with....' and find ADE. This will download the book straight into ADE. Then transfer it to the reader.

This method works flawlessly for every book I've purchased from all book sites including Kobo, WHSmith, Books on Board etc etc.

Helsing1
Explorer

I have had this reader for ages using ADE and reader library without any problems.  This has only occurred since having to use Kobo now that WH Smiths is no longer available.  When I click on download I get the internet cannot display this page message so don't even get the option to use ADE.  I also need to point out that I am in the UAE and so therefore have limited options to download ebooks - one of which is Kobo (for some although not all ebooks).

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Ok, have you tried a different web browser, firefox or chrome,

Helsing1
Explorer

Thanks for trying to help.  I already use Chrome.  I have now resorted to using my husband's laptop and loading books via his library.  At least I can continue using it rather than having to pay the extortionate price for paperbacks out here!

carpetmojo

Try Firefox - I'm not that keen on Chrome, it tried to take over my PC once !

I've never had any problems with Firefox.