Visitor

reader pc is not responding

I have put on the new reader pc, but it keeps saying it is not responding

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
martinc64
Visitor

I just did the same, BIG mistake!

It is having issues with the free 100 books I downloaded from SONY when I registered my reader. If I use the old reader software and delete those 100 free books (including syncing the delete to my reader), keeping just my purchased library, then the new software works, after a fashion.

It works in the sense that my purchased library is fine. If I go back to the SONY site and re-download the 100 free books and try and import them to the new reader it says it is importing them, but doesn't actually add the books to my library, so no good at all.

I am uninstalling this new software and sticking with the old one, which works properly.

carpetmojo

Hello martin - is this the latest update for x50's, which also happens to be - I believe - the Reader software for the T1 ?

Which I haven't gotten around to downloading yet - perhaps fortunately ?

Or are you actually using a T1 ?

PeterRun
Visitor

Having exactly same problem - cleared memory, done reset, still hangs - what is going on Sony?

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Karveel
New

So, I am not the only one with big problems with "Reader for PC" from Sony. :cry:

mawesto14
Visitor

After soooo many hours of trying to do something with his awful awful program I gave up uninstalled it and went back to the old software. I could not see most of my books that it had transfered until I went to look at them tried to return to library and guess what it froze !!! It did not transfer my collections of which there is over 100 you cant sort your books into order within a collection it just puts them in alphabetical order much good that is!

So now I have come up with my own method I create a collection on the reader drag & drop books onto sd card and make up cllections on reader which you can add to unlike int he reader for pc library,

I have been vvv disappointed with the supposed better library and will stick with the very slightly less buggy original

carpetmojo

mawesto, have you tried Calibre ?

I advise you to give it a go, it really is so much more versatile, and easy, with lots of advantages.

You'll need the new system for Reader Store, eventually though, but you can run both programs.

mawesto14
Visitor

Hi

I have not tried Caliber but looks like I might have to my method works for the moment at least i can read my books !!!