Join now - be part of our community!

Pretty poor service from UK Sony repair centre

profile.country.GB.title
imp6877
New

Pretty poor service from UK Sony repair centre

I bought a great RX100 III recently - lovely camera. Sadly I accidentally dropped it when it was only a month old and damaged the body slightly. Completely my fault.

I took the camera into the Regional Repair Centre in Birmingham two weeks ago. I have to say that the office did not inspire confidence; the reception area was grubby, down-at-heel and full of cardboard boxes. The booking in process for the camera took ages, and the person behind the desk did not seem to have a total grasp of the procedure.

Anyway, I paid my fee, was assured that I'd get a repair estimate in "2-5 days", and departed.

Having heard nothing after almost 2 weeks, I phoned up yesterday. The woman I spoke to assured me that I'd get an estimate before the end of the day.

Today, I called again and spoke to the same woman, who assured me that I'l get my estimate by the end of today. No explanation, nothing else. I asked to escalate and speak to a manager. There are apparently no managers in yet today (11 a.m.! what are their working hours?), but she gave me what is obviously a brush-off email address for complaints, and gave me the old "Sorreee, there's nothing else I can do".

I have had a couple of repairs done in the past 30 years, to Nikon and Fujifilm cameras, and they went smoothly and quickly, with helpful and courteous staff. What a contrast with this.

Since it's a new camera I'm probably stuck with using Sony's "approved" repair centre for warranty coverage, but I am not happy about giving my money (or, for that matter, my camera) to these people. Sony have earned themselves a dissatisfied customer, not because of their products (which are excellent) but because of crappy customer service values.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @imp6877  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Yeah, its a great camera!

I can certainly understand your frustration.

Did you contact Sony Support first and then were directed to RRC?

Have you contacted Support about this since to let them know / make

a complaint?

Details here

If so what was said?

profile.country.GB.title
imp6877
New

I've been in touch with Sony support UK via their chat tool. The person was very helpful. She said that I would have been better sending the camera to their main repair centre in Wales. Wish they'd put that in big letters on the website, but that just asked for my postcode and pointed me to the place in Birmingham. She told me that she would get in touch and get a clear answer for me.