Join now - be part of our community!

Help DSC-HX30V

profile.country.en_GB.title
BANKSY2013
Visitor

Help DSC-HX30V

Hi,

My Husband bought me the cyber shot DSC HX30V for my birthday, he bought it from an amazon seller from the UK but its arrived and all the menus etc are in Japanese!!

I have logger up the manual in english and it says the language settings are change in the settings menu, third option down....but that only gives you two options, Japanese or more Japanese!!

Can it be changed to English or should we send it back?

Thanks

Sam

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Sam - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If the language options do not allow you to switch to English, it is likely that the firmware only supports a limited amount of languages and the camera was not originally destined for the UK/European market. As far as I am aware, there is no way to change this built-in software to the English version - it would therefore be sensible to return it to the original seller. Take a look at the terms of the sale and the original product listing to see if this was originally mentioned.

Thanks,

Simon

Nisman
New

A related question: I don't want to suffer the same problems as Sam, but I do want the wireless feature that DSC-HX30V offers over the HX20V. When will it be released in the UK? Or which markets is it sold in with english language menus?

Mick2011
New

The HX30V is available in the US; however I have no idea if Sony are planning to release it here.

You may have two issues buying a US-market camera for use in Europe: first, the warranty will only be valid in the US, second it will be set up to record NTSC (rather than PAL) which could cause compatibility issues with some playback devices.

Cheers

Mick