Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-RX100 M4 Play Memories Issue

DSC-RX100 M4 Play Memories Issue

I'm trying to connect a DSC-RX100 M4 to the play memories app but keep getting stuck at the "Verify Connection" stage.  Every time I click Verify Connection the software tries to connect but then reopens the same screen, shown attached.

I'm using and iMac running MACOS 10.17.7 (Catalina), Safari version 14, camera software in Version 2.0.  The PMCA Downloader is installed and running, and has been reinstalled few times but I'm always getting the same problem.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 09.00.56.png

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

The problem probably lies in those permissions, most likely your firewall settings.

I can explain it for a Windows Computer, don't know if it's different on a Mac.

I don't know which steps you have followed up till now.

Anyway:

Get your device registered on the playmemoriescameraapps website first.

In Windows PlayMemoriesHome, (hoping it's similar on the MAC) click on <File>, then on <Import Media Files> and on that screen on <Settings>, in the top right corner.

In <Settings> click on <WiFi import>, check the settings and adjust the settings of the firewall.

After entering the data, connect the camera with the USB cable.

When you do that for the first time, a screen will appear asking to update the camera's software.

After that was done suddenly the option to download pictures from my camera (still via USB) appeared.

I assume that you have already entered the SSID and password of the network in the menu in the camera.

Connect the camera with USB (if not connected anymore)

You will see the name of your camera appear on the left of the menu.

Click on the name and a menu with square blocks will appear.

Select <WiFi import settings>.

Then in the next menu choose <recommended settings>, click on <Next> at the bottom of that screen and you're done.

Remove the USB plug, go in the <menu> of your camera to <WiFi settings>, choose <Send to Computer> and everything will go by itself.

There are 2 things to keep in mind:

- the firewall must be set

- your MAC must be instructed to trust a WiFi connection from your camera.

Hoping this will help you further.

If the suggestions are not correct then let someone else explain how it should be done on a MAC.

This is my post from the Dutch Community translated.