Join now - be part of our community!

Use of ImageMixer V1.5 with DCR TRV 14E Handycam

profile.country.GB.title
Wr4992
Explorer

Use of ImageMixer V1.5 with DCR TRV 14E Handycam

I am having difficulties using the provided ImageMixer v1.5 installed on  my old Windows XP laptop to transfer DV tape to PC.  After loading the USB driver first and then the supplied ImageMixer disc, I am getting a video output on the ImageMixer monitor screen without audio. I am using the provided DV/ USB cable which came with the  Sony Handycam.  The lack of audio and sometimes video output still occurs despite numerous installing and uninstalling of the ImageMixer software. Video and audio coming out of the TRV14E is fine. The DV/USB cable does not seem to be faulty as sometimes I get video without audio or audio with video. 

AV transfer using a capture dongle results in reduced quality of video and audio.

Use of a firewire cable is not possible since my Windows  XP laptop does not have this capability.

I would appreciate any suggestions to resolve this problem. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hopefully a community member will be able to help.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
mehrshad.shafaghi
Explorer

Hello. I see that you have a physical copy of a very rare software. Recently I decided to make a digital version of my camcorder tapes, a DCR-TRV250E, but I the supplied CD seems to have been lost. I found the driver which seems not to be working but the ImageMixer software SEEMS TO BE EXTINCT. I have searched everywhere, not a single copy. If you see this by any chance It would be very kind of you to send me a copy of the disk. I'll put my email address here: mehrshad.shafaghi@gmail.com.

Mehrshad