Join now - be part of our community!

Transferring from DCR 9PC-E to a PC via I.link

profile.country.en_GB.title
DM2007
New

Transferring from DCR 9PC-E to a PC via I.link

I have a DCR 9PC-E Mini DV camcorder and I want to transfer my home movies to my PC - I don't think I can use USB stream on this model and my PC doesn't have a I.link port - does anyone have any suggestions how I can do this.
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi DM2007 and welcome.

I presume you have a DCR-PC9E.

As you say, transfer by USB is not supported unless you are using Windows XP. 

If your PC has a PC Card slot or an ExpressCard Slot, you can buy a card with firewire/iLink inputs and transfer the video digitally using something like the free Windows Movie Maker software..

If your PC has neither iLink or a Card slot, you cannot transfer digital video and will need to transfer using the AV Cable supplied with the camera (Jack plug to Yellow/Red/White phono plugs).  You will need to buy a USB Video Capture Device and connect these Y/R/W plugs to the capture device.  There are many such devices available from Amazon from £5 to £100.  Something like this should work: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camcorders-Recorder-Satellite-playstation3-software/dp/B003D8VQIG/ref=sr_1_1...

However, there are many others available.  Make sure your Windows OS is supported.

:wink: