Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HXR-NX100 with 4K

profile.country.GB.title
Jakemcneil
New

Sony HXR-NX100 with 4K

Hi there. 

I'm a student at University over the United Kingdom. On Friday the HXR-NX100 was released to the public and I'm hoping to purchese this great camcorder on Monday. What I love about this camera is the large 1.0" sensor that's built into the camera with over 20.4 megapixals.

But this got me questioning, Although Sony have stated "at this point of time" there is no intentions of a 4K upgrade being added, Would Sony be willing to create the upgrade if there was a high demand for it by Students, Corporte or Documtnery filmmakers like myself.

I would totally be happy to buy a fee to get 4K on this camera, even if it costed like £200 or £300 for it... At the end of the day I would feel more comfortable knowing my camcorder is somewhat future proof and continue using after my studies have completed.

Lets keep in mind, nothing is future-proof in the techonlogy world, but knowing you have somthing that will last many years is a bonus.

I hope Sony do take this in mind, that alot of students will be buying this camera... One for its low-price, two for its amazing features and three, this helps any student start to learn about the pro-features camcorders have to offer.

Thanks to everyone who reads this and I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Jake

P.S. We could compare this to the X70 but both cameras are diffrent beasts aimed at different target audiences.

Tags (3)
0 REPLIES 0