Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HDR-HC3 HDV 1080i

profile.country.el_GR.title
THANOSE1
Visitor

SONY HDR-HC3 HDV 1080i

I'm trying to convey (via cable firewire) the data of the video camera to the laptop andit is not feasible.
Data Sets:
-Video camera: SONY HDR-HC3 HDV 1080i
- FIREWIRE Cable
-Laptop: DELL LATITUDE / D630
Can anyone can guide me?

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Cass - translated into English

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
THANOSE1
Visitor

Thank you very much for the translation.

I didn't knew that all the posts must be in English.

In any case thank you again for your kind help.

Regards

Thanos

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Cass - Edited for personal details

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello THANOSE1 :slight_smile:

I have looked at the specification of your laptop and I can see that it has a firewire port. Could you please let me know some more information about the exact problems that you are having i.e. if there is an error message or if the laptop doesn't detect that a camera has been connected.

Thanks,

Simon

THANOSE1
Visitor

Dear Simon,

First of all I would like to thank you for your interest.

When the camera connected with the laptop(via firewire cable) I heard the sound of detection but I didn't see any similar window in my screen.

Other attempts

a) I downloaded the Nero 9 and when I reached the capture section the only thing that I could do was : put the camera on "play position" and saw the tape content on the laptop which I could not transfer it.

In addition there was an info message from Nero that the program is free till 18/02/12.

b)I was trying to download the "Picture Motion Browser Ver.2.0.13" program(proposed by SONY official site) but

I could not found it free in any site.

Is there any program free of charge that I can downloaded in order to transfer the tape content on the laptop?

Thanks again for your help

Thanos

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

To answer the question about the PMB software first of all, this software isn't freely available unless it was provided on a disc in the original box with the camera.

However, if you are certain that the firewire link to your laptop is working correctly, it may be a good idea to try Windows Movie Maker as it is a free piece of software that can capture video from firewire devices. You can then use the basic editing features or export your videos to other pieces of more sophisticated editing software. This can be downloaded from http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-movie-maker-get-started.

To check the connection itself, once you have heard the 'ping' after connecting the camera, does it appear as a detected device when you look in 'Computer' or 'My Computer'?

Thanks,

Simon

good day

Can you please kindly assist me with drivers for my HDV 1080i cam to conect to my pc with windows7